As its name suggests, this product is produced from pollen collected by bees, which then forms granules after mixing with their saliva. It may not sound very appetizing, but it has a sweet and slightly floral taste that you will like.
Very rich in protein, amino acids, vitamins… restores muscles after a workout, providing them with clean energy and important nutrients. This is the purest protein in nature, the protein content of bee pollen exceeds that of beef, eggs or cheese of the same weight. In addition, these proteins are found as free amino acids that the body can easily use, even in the absence of enzymes to break down proteins.
Each granule of bee pollen contains amino acids, vitamins, fatty acids and minerals that are needed for various bodily functions. This makes bee pollen one of the most complete superfoods.
- Reduces inflammation – bee pollen is rich in flavonoids such as quercetin, known for their anti-inflammatory properties. Studies show that the ability of bee pollen to reduce inflammation is comparable to that of conventional anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Relieves allergies – one of the traditional ways to use bee pollen is as a natural remedy for allergies. The anti-allergic effects come then. that it can reduce the amount of histamine produced by mast cells in response to allergens.
- Increases metabolism and energy – due to its high protein content, bee pollen nutrition also improves metabolism, which deteriorates in people with protein deficiency. As a result of improved metabolism, the body will have higher levels of energy that it can use. In addition, bee pollen increases muscle mass by restoring protein that has been lost.
- Eliminates harmful bacteria – bee pollen contains a naturally occurring antibiotic that is effective against Salmonella and other bacterial strains.
- Increases fertility – if you have problems conceiving a child, then you can benefit from eating bee pollen. It has been found to enhance fertility by stimulating ovarian function. In addition, bee pollen improves egg survival during the incubation phase so that pregnancy can continue.
- Improves skin condition – bee pollen has large amounts of antioxidants that can neutralize free radicals caused by the sun’s ultraviolet rays or exposure to environmental toxins. By eating bee pollen regularly, you can prevent the formation of wrinkles and fine lines. Moreover, its powerful antibacterial properties also prevent acne and help heal wounds.
How to eat the bee pollen?
The best recommended way is to simply take the appropriate dose and chew and suck it until it completely melts in our mouth. Thus, we take the optimal doses of pollen content, and it is worth it. We are loaded with monosaccharides, hormone-like components, all amino acids, unsaturated fatty acids – including the important omega-3 and 6; carotenoid, vitamins K, E, D, B, P, C, micro- and macroelements – K, Mg, P, Mn, Fe, Cu, Zn, Cr, I, Co; enzymes and organic acids.
The most delicious and light option for consumption, which is also easy to prepare, includes 1 cup of yogurt, with 1 tablespoon of pollen. Before consuming, leave for about 10-15 minutes for the bee pollen to dissolve. In this form it is great for breakfast – a delicious and nutritious start of the day.
Another option is to mix with honey – 100 g of pollen per 1 kg of honey. It is recommended to grind for faster dissolution. After mixing, leave for about a week, stirring periodically until completely dissolved in the honey. Take 1 teaspoon 3 times daily before meals.